World Meeting of Families: Day 2 – Part 2
While I was back at the hotel room with our 2-yr old, Dee was attending a session by Archbishop Michael Miller titled, The School of the Heart: Parents as Primary Catechists.
In this session, he outlined 10 tips for passing on and building our Faith in our families. We both agreed that we liked these tips and we heard some similar themes throughout the day as a way to reclaim the family from societal re-definitions.
- Be present to your children
- Stay at home from time to time, eat together, tuck in at night
- Be joyful witnesses of the Gospel
- Archbishop emphasized the Father role while Faith is caught, not taught
- Know your Faith
- Stick to your Core Message
- Pray with your Children
- Go to Mass with your family
- Read the Bible together
- Put sacraments in your home – Holy Water, Art and Pictures, Music
- Share experiences of Faith with each other
- Form the moral compass in Children